· Correlating Social Mobility and Economic Outcomes, with Michele Pellizzari, Giovanni Pica and José V. Rodríguez Mora. July 2017.
Forthcoming, The Economic Journal, Features on ``Intergenerational Mobility''.
· Structural Estimation of a Model of School Choices: the Boston Mechanism vs. Its Alternatives, with Caterina Calsamiglia and Chao Fu
August 2014. Revise and Resubmited, Journal of Political Economy.
· The Illusion of School Choice: Empirical Evidence from Barcelona, with Caterina Calsamiglia
CEPR Discussion Paper 10011, (2014). Revise and Resubmited, Journal of Public Economics.
· The Informational Content of Surnames, the Evolution of Intergenerational Mobility and Assortative Mating, with José V. Rodríguez Mora and Chris Telmer
The Review of Economic Studies, 2014, DOI: 10.1093/restud/rdu041.
This paper was previously circulated under the title “Intergenerational Mobility and the Informative Content of Surnames”, CEPR Discussion Paper 6316, (2007).
A non-technical summary of the paper: What’s in a name? Information on Intergenerational Mobility, CentrePiece Magazine 12 (3), 2008.
A non-technical summary of the paper (in Spanish): Apellidos, herencias y movilidad intergeneracional, Sociedad Abierta.
· Is Seniority-Based Pay used as a Motivation Device? Evidence from Plant Level Data, with Alberto Bayo-Moriones and José E. Galdón-Sánchez
Research in Labor Economics, 2010, vol. 30, 155-187.
· A non-technical paper on my research on firing costs and temporary contracts: Firing Costs, Dismissal Conflicts and Labour Market Outcomes, Els Opuscles del CREI, June 2010.
· Fixed-term Contracts and the Duration Distribution of Unemployment
CEPR Discussion Paper 3264, (2002). Under Revision. Latest version.
A non-technical summary of the paper (in Spanish): eBook Propuesta para la reactivación laboral en España, FEDEA, January 2010.
· Temporary Contracts, Incentives, and Unemployment, with José V. Rodríguez Mora
This version: May 2017. Submitted.
· When Fertility is Bargained: Second Births in Denmark and Spain, with Stefanie Brodmann and Gosta Esping-Andersen
European Sociological Review, 2007, 23 (5), 599-613.
· How binding are legal limits? Transitions from temporary to permanent work in Spain, with Barbara Petrongolo
Labour Economics, 2007, 14 (2), 153-183.
Featured in the Spanish Newspaper EL PAIS [Article].
· Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries", with Ghazala Azmat and Alan Manning
Journal of Labor Economics, 2006, 24 (1), 1-37.
A non-technical summary of the paper: Women Looking for Work, CentrePiece Magazine 9 (2), 2004.
Journal of Econometrics, 2006, 133 (1), 307-341.
· Dismissal Conflicts and Unemployment, with José E. Galdón-Sánchez
European Economic Review, 2003, 47 (2), 127-139.